If you’re looking to create a tranquil, soothing environment with a touch of Zen in your Jenkintown apartment, all you have to do is purchase a plant or two. That’s right — adding a little green life to your space can help you feel calmer, purify the air, and enhance the overall aesthetic of your home. Sounds relaxing, doesn’t it?
Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of houseplants and how to choose the right ones for you.
One easy way to ensure a peaceful setting in your Jenkintown apartment is to incorporate plants. With their unique shapes and organic nature, plants bring beauty to any space and breathe new life into the air, literally. They make your home healthier by releasing oxygen, purifying the air, and eliminating toxins found in every day items like cleaning supplies and furniture. Bonus: they also last much longer than a vase of cut flowers.
With so many sizes and options to choose from, you can select the perfect plant to suit your Jenkintown apartment and your style. From a small potted plant on your windowsill, to a hanging plant with trailing vines, to a large floor plant that fills up an empty corner, there’s something for everyone.
When choosing the right plant for you, consider how much attention you’d like to devote to it. Many are low maintenance and easy to care for, not requiring much more than a little weekly watering. Think about how much sunlight it will receive and the average temperature of your home, too. Some do best in brightly lit spaces while others can thrive in low lighting. Below, you’ll find several different options, all with beneficial qualities to add a touch of Zen.
No Green Thumb Required
The following plants work well in a variety of conditions and are pretty simple to maintain. Some easy—to-care for plants include:
- English ivy – NASA scientists list this as the number one best air-filtering houseplant. It’s also super easy to grow and will adapt to your environment.
- Ferns – These leafy green plants absorb environmental toxins and claim to ward off negative energy.
- Peace lily – This low maintenance flowering plant thrives in artificial light and improves your air quality. It’s also known to prevent asthma, headaches, cancers, and more.
- Spider plant – This common plant is easy to care for and provides great health benefits by detoxing your environment and purifying the air. It too makes the NASA list of best air-purifying plants.
- Snake plant – These hardy plants don’t need much light or water to survive, making them great for even the most forgetful caretaker. They are perfect for bedrooms, as they absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen at night.
- Lucky bamboo – This plant, said to bring luck, thrives in dim, indirect sunlight and can help with feng shui, which is sure to enhance that Zen feeling in your space.
If your Jenkintown apartment is a blank canvas looking for some color and life, start with plants.
Photo by Tranmautritam from Pexels